Nearly 95% of entrepreneurs reject providing all bank account data to state

News

Nearly 95% of entrepreneurs reject providing all bank account data to state

11. 09. 2018 15:30

An absolute majority of businesses reject the proposal of the Finance Ministry, on the basis of which, banks would have to send to the Financial Administration all data on transactions in the bank accounts of entrepreneurs. This results from a survey carried out by the Business Alliance of Slovakia (PAS) which approached nearly 3,000 entrepreneurs. As many as 94.6% of survey participants reject this proposal and only the remaining 5.4% agree with it. There is a high level of suspicion among entrepreneurs about the security of sensitive data, which would get into the hands of state authorities. Entrepreneurs do not share the opinion of the Finance Ministry that this would be an appropriate tool against tax evasion as 71.7%, think that a simple tax system and as few exceptions as possible would be a more effective tool against tax evasion.


Anca Dragu, Photo: Flickr.com/John Roepke

Livestream / Živé vysielanie
??:??